Wednesday, December 7, 2011

{Wreath Makeover}


This wreath cost me a total of 3.47! 
(The cost of one can of Emerald Green spraypaint). 




 The wreath itself was given to me for...wait for it, wait for it, free.  I don't turn anything down that is free. ever.   My sweet friend was moving and didn't want to take it with her so I snatched it.  It once had vibrant green leaves with red berries adorning it, but that day had long passed.   





It waited patiently hanging on my wall for about 3 years for it's makeover.  Poor little dusty wreath. 





With Christmas right around the corner I thought I'd go for a Christmasy look.  I just spray painted it Emerald Green. That turned out pretty bright so I grabbed a can of ORB off my shelf and lightly sprayed over the top to tone it down.  Then I added some Christmas picks that I already had and stuck them in.  Easy Peesy.









 I love Christmas and I love cheap!  I am so inspired by all you bloggers out there who are so very talented at making things beautiful on a budget!  I just try to keep up with ya'll!





5 comments:

  1. What a deal! It looks great!

    Rachel
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. genius... never would have thought of painting it. paint! it turned out so pretty julie : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out GREAT! Love it! I'm glad you stopped by and left me a sweet note so I could find your beautiful blog! I'm your newest GFC and FB follower and would love it if you'd return the "love" on your next visit.

    XO, Aimee
    itsoverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea! I've missed you, how are you doing? I've not been posting much lately either. :-). Marry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and simple, thanks for linking this up and I featured it today!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves a comment! Thanks for taking the time to leave one!