I can't believe I forgot to take a before picture of this! Bummer!! It was ug-el-ee. Brown with very dirty brownish-gray curtains on each door. What the?
Now it is bright and cheery!
I painted this an antique white color and distressed it a little bit. This thing is 83 inches tall, what is that? 7 feet? I'm a 6 footer, but this seemed soo much taller!!
I got the inspiration from Chrissie at Chrissie's Collection of adding fabric to the back. What a great idea! (I never would have thought of doing that myself, that's what this blogging world is about, learning from other's fabulous ideas!) A quick trip to Hobby Lobby and $8 dollars later I have a one of a kind, unique look. Thanks Chrissie ;)
This chicken wire was on it before, it just had the hidious fabric behind it. I love chicken wire, so that was a no brainer in deciding to keep it!
I just primed and painted it like the rest.
This piece would be so fun to decorate with in your kitchen or living area. I just put a few things on to give you an idea.
I do have to say, I found it easiest to cut a piece of fabric bigger than you actually need, then use an exacto knife to cut off the extra. I used a spray adhesive to make it stick. It was actually not as hard as I thought it was going to be! Give it a try!